Community Chest does not fund the following:
- Companies or For Profit entities;
- Individuals for bursaries;
- Capital items, e.g. buildings, motor vehicles, equipment and similar purchases;
- Organisations that re-grant funding
- Conferences and overseas travel;
- Start-up costs: projects must have been running for at least two to three years, and should be able to demonstrate a community need for their services;
- Duplication of services: we will only support one project in a certain sector in one community;
- Events or the celebrations of special days;
- Organisations with substantial cash or investment reserves that consistently operate at a surplus.
To find out what we do fund, click here.